Settled in 1623, Dover was the first permanent settlement in New Hampshire and the seventh oldest in the United States. The large brick mills in the center of downtown formed the Cocheco Manufacturing Company. And the first cloth manufacturing industry was the Dover Cotton Factory, which began up river in 1814.
Dover is the largest city on the seacoast and the 4th largest city in the state. The population was estimated at 31,771 in 2018 and is home to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, the Woodman Institute Museum, and the Children's Museum of New Hampshire.
Dow Realty Group - Area Expert
My Favorite Search
Having moved from Portsmouth to Dover in 2007, I have really enjoyed watching the city grow. Here are some new construction options in Dover.
Some Great Restaurants
My family and I really enjoy eating out in Dover. Here are some great options:
To name a few!
- Dover NH Land for Sale 10+
- Dover NH Open Houses <10
- Historic Homes for Sale in Dover 20+
- Just Listed 10+
- New Construction Homes for Sale in Dover NH 10+
- Emerald Lane <10
- Dover Condos Under $350,000 <10
- Dover Condos for Sale Between $350,000 to $750,000 <10
- Dover Condos Over $750,000 <10
- Dover Homes With More Than 1 Acre <10
- Dover Commercial Real Estate 30+